Thursday, June 04, 2009

Horray for Art!




Soooo.... I forgot how to blog, it has been a while. Thought it would be fun to display some of my ever so very large project that kinda took over my life this school year. At Julia and Vivs school there is a PTA/grant funded program that is called Focus on Art, or FOA. During the school year I present to each class a particular featured artist and then a parent volunteer follows up with an art project that highlights that artists style, technique or medium. I also, put up a bulletin board that changed every month highlighting an artist that we had learned about. If the students could remember the artists name and three facts about them, they earned a prize! Oh! I am good! :) And finally, I got this crazy idea that for our final project we needed to have an art auction! it wasn't easy and it was certainly time consuming. However, it all came together in the end. We had a real true live auctioneer, auctioneer paddles included! And of course, some really great student art! the students had fun and so did the Teachers. All and all, we learned a lot and had fun doing it. Thank Heavens for Art! and THANK HEAVENS its summer!

2 comments:

Sara said...

you did an amazing job for that school this year miss laurie! they are so lucky to have your talents...that auction looks amazing, what a brilliant idea! speaking of talents, now that it's summer and you have nothing else to do:) i expect some great projects to be in the works!

Jennifer said...

That looks awesome. You are so talented! I'm up working on my second fondant cake. You can call me if you are up. Tee hee! Let's hope it turns out better than my first one. {wink}