Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October Fest

We have had a really enjoyable October, besides "all things Halloween" we love the change of weather and the beautiful colors we have witnessed here on the mountain. We also had a fun little incident at the beginning of the month. I was driving home from the kids school, when to my wonderous surprise, a rather large tortoise was strolling along in the road. It seemed very out of place, I wasn't quite sure what to do, but without much hesitation I loaded it carefully into my vehicle and took it home for a while. The kids enjoyed following it around the yard and watching it devour the lettuce we fed it. It was a sweet little guy. But we knew we could not keep it so with the help of wildlife officials we found its home. During this wonderful Fall season we are also easily entertained by the group of wild turkey that graze on the insects around our property. It always catches me off gaurd when I look out the window and see these huge birds walking across my driveway.
We, o.k. I, anxiously await Halloween, partly because I love to decorate with all the spooky items I have found over the years. However, after arranging everything "just so" around the house I felt a little overwhelmed with it all. I questioned my "overdoingitness" Luckily, after observing my friend Sarah's decor on her blog, I realized I was on the right track, infact when I saw the picture of her mantle I was almost shocked! It looked so similar to mine!. Yeah me! I am so glad I have made hip, fringy, friends like her in our area to keep me in check. I just don't know what I would do if these awesome Ladies were to leave.:) I also decided to take a few more pics of our scenery outside the home, for my good friends who live in other far away countries and have not been able to come see my space. You know who you are. I have included the view off our back deck, but just in case you were wondering, our view from the front is just as amazing. Hurry and get yourself back here so we can plant a garden with passion!LOL

5 comments:

Sara said...

i just love you! love the polka dot pumpkin, love the kind words, love the sweet touches on your mantel- everything you've done is perfect. it's like we are sometimes sharing the same brain...now why can't we share the same good looks...one can only dream:)

Jennifer said...

Man, I need a mantle. Ha ha! Also I have no brain. Could you and Sara spare me a little? Thanks for stopping by today. Feel free to loose my number whenever you want. ;)

Explore & Grow said...

Love the pumpkins on the porch!

Ms. Dottie said...

I like the Halloween stuff you have. This is my favorite time of year and possibly my favorite holiday! Hope your Halloween party was a success.

Tylee said...

I feel so out of the loop. I hadn't heard your tortoise story. What don't you have gallyvanting around up there? How fun for the kids.
You are one hip halloween mama!
Love the pics. of the family Halloween party.
Your decor is even better up close.
Love ya!
Prego Mama