Monday, August 11, 2008

July happenings...

Hello all! I thought I would get a couple of new pictures and events recorded and reported. Though July is as always hot and busy, we had a lot of fun with our friends and family and I want to thank everyone who contributed to this "funness." We had a nice 24th of July gathering at our house, which I have included an updated picture of (our house that is). We had lots of good food and of course the Bacciocco sarcasm, bantering and crazy kids always liven up the party. Taking the kids for spin around the mountain on the 4 wheeler is always a favorite and as the evening wore on, even the adults could not resist the nostalgia of holding and waiving the sparklers, it was all fun and games until the first kid got burnt and immediately there after one stepped on a carelessly disposed sparkler laying on the ground. Lets just say at that point all Hell broke loose! And thank heavens it was time for bed. Ahhh... the memories. I have included the last picture of our Funny Hayden showing me the small group of deceased grasshoppers in his jar. He is very thorough with his interest in the "HOPPERS." First, he either finds them and captures them, or just steps on them and squishes them. If he has caught a few he puts them in his jar and checks on them daily and shows them to me at least 3 times a day. Whether they are dead or alive. All I can say is it is a good thing I had plenty of these beady eyed suckers in my back yard growing up. I still hold no remorse for the medical procedures we would perform on those little guys with our sticks and rocks. We sure have had plenty in Tooele this year! At least four or five catch a ride up the dirt road to our home as we travel past the oak brush and fields. Good Memories...Good times.

8 comments:

Laila said...

Thanks so much for posting the picture of our fam on your blog. Kurtis looks like he is having the time of his life and may have peed his pants with excitement during this picture! SO thanks for the nice comments on my blogging abilities and you can get backgrounds from cutest blog on the block.com I think?

Sione said...

For real professional blogs go to:

www.paunifam.blogspot.com

www.thelamanite.blogspot.com

LOL!

where do I get the hulk shirt? oh well, I pretty much look like that anyway. :-)

Jennifer said...

Hey Laurie! Hows it going? Looks like you had fun. We should go to the park sometime this week. I feel like I haven't talked to a woman adult for a long time. :)

Jones Family said...

lauriefriend
love all the pics. you are becoming quite the pro -- which isn't unusual. everything you try and do you do successfully.

thanks for all your nice thoughts and emails. i miss home too but all this is temporary, right? soon all this russia/kazakh stuff will be a memory and i'll be back on the a-train heading down to centralpark. :)

p.s. thanks for the housepics -- would love to see more. :)

Sara said...

i can't handle how cute your girls hair is all the time! great update...and your house is gorgeous! hey, I have to do the bulletin board at the school, do you happen to still have the calendar you guys used last year? I'm leaving today for Oregon, and won't be back till Sunday night, but I'll check back with you when I get back. Word.

Jennifer said...

ha ha! I love how Sara ended with "word." So we went into town tuesday to wednesday instead of just wednesday. I was really bummed that I missed recipe group. I'm really excited for fall to come and school starting so I can get back to the groove of things. Quilt group is tomorrow night at 7:00 at my house. We would love to have you there. Also, we are leaving saturday to house sit and babysit for my brother in law. We will be done Friday night but then doing the traditional camp out the following Saturday-Monday with Phil's family. So we are going to be gone forever. I was actually going to call you the other day and see if Darin could maybe check Grant's ear. His ear had been bleading and we thought he had an ear infection. We ended up taking him in to the doctor this morning because it got really bad. Sorry I'm leaving you a really long post. I guess I could just call you. I just had a lot to tell you. Anyway, I hope I can see you tomorrow at quilt group. Even if you don't want to quilt, come and hang out and gab with us.

Sara said...

Hey Laurie, you may have already seen these, but these blogs made me think of you...

www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com
www.grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com

have a lovely day!:)

Jennifer said...

Hey Laurie! Your blog looks so awesome! I talked to Sandra and she said she should be home on Tuesday. I told her we would be coming around 6-7ish.